As I write this, my family is threading beads, trying on tutus and affixing rainbow wings for upcoming Pride celebrations. These events are special, but attending them is just one way we celebrate diversity throughout the year. I hope my kids know this and that they are celebrated, too—not regardless but because of all the things that make them who they are.
- Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric (National Geographic, 2017)
- Gender Creative Kids Canada
- This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids by Dannielle Owens-Reid and Kristin Russo
- Everyone Is Gay
- Queer Kids’ Stuff (the Centre for Sexuality recommends this one for kids and for parents who are learning how to talk to their kids about gender and sexuality)
- “Love Calls Back” Pflag Verizon (just for the happy tears)
- Integrating LGBTQ2S+-inclusive fiction into your regular reading rotation. Fantastic lists abound, such as this one and this one.